Tacos, tequila and the good vibes of Nirvana – it’s a hell of a good time in anyone’s books. Now here in Sydney for you to revel in, say hola to El Camino Cantina, bringing true Tex-Mex to The Rocks .
Absolutely obsessed with all things Mexican, I jumped on the chance to try out El Camino right next door to The Argyle. Completely impressed with everything it has to offer, this is the new go-to for heart-warming Tex-Mex dishes, perfectly complemented with a rock ‘n’ roll décor that’s truly unique to Sydney’s current offerings.
A neon-flooded cantina boasts two bars and dining room with an eclectic mix of colourful chairs, cosy booths, high topped tables and two restored 1957 Chevy trunks from which diners can help themselves to complimentary chips and salsas.
With a menu full of finger-licking-good classics including tacos, fajitas, quesadillas, nachos, enchiladas and burritos, honoured with the ultimate tequila list boasting over 200 different options, it’s fair to say El Camino Cantina have nailed the Tex-Mex experience.
And like any good Tex-Mex, they’re a champion with the chilli. The must-try ghost chilli BBQ burger and chicken wings made with the world’s hottest chillies will be sure to put some fire in your belly.
On hand to wash it all down is a stellar drinks list including supersized freshly shaken and frozen Margaritas, imported Mexican and house-brewed craft beers, sangria (by the glass or carafe), and specialty cocktails named after classic rock songs.
Go taste it for yourself with food and drink offers every day of the week, including:
· Margarita Mondays: specials on strawberry, mango and original frozen and shaken Margaritas
· Taco & Tequila Tuesdays: hand-made, $2 corn, flour or hard-shelled tacos and tequila shot specials
· Wing Wednesdays: a dozen spicy chicken wings for $15
· Thirsty Thursday: happy hour from 5pm-7pm, including $12 cocktails, Margarita specials, and $5 beers, including Pacifico, Tecate and Flamin’ Hellcat XXX (house-brewed by Urban Brewing Co.)
· Fajita Fridays: $25 express lunch of sizzling fajita platters, including a glass of Flamin’ Hellcat XXX
· Schools Out Saturdays: student special of $15 quesadilla or nachos, plus a Flamin’ Hellcat XXX or frozen Margarita (12pm – 6pm)
El Camino Cantina
18 Argyle St, The Rocks